Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tiffany's pink halter

Everything about my trip to Illinois to judge the Show for the Cure was memorable--the travel difficulties, the competition, even the raffle.  There were two full tables of raffle prizes which included unpainted resins, OF models, gift cards and even a little bit of tack.
Raffle tickets could be purchased two ways--with cash or with ribbons.  In addition to judging the Resin division, my friend Tiffany was also showing in the Custom Halter classes.  Her horses are outstanding so it's not surprisinly that she ended up with a lot of ribbons.  Most of those were immediately converted into raffle tickets, a ridiculous number of which went into the cup next to a pink nylon halter.

Now don't get me wrong--there was absolutely nothing wrong with that halter.  But still.  It was hardly the most exciting prize up there.

The raffle was held near the end of the day.  Despite having so many tickets in the cup, Tiffany did not win the halter.  Instead it went to Karen B's son Paul.  He sent his mother to retrieve his prize.  Perhaps he was too frightened to walk past Tiffany's table?
 Here's Tiffany crying over the lost pink halter.  Oh, the drama!
Partly because I am nice and partly because I really want a custom Weather Girl, I told Tiff that I would make her the best model sized pink nylon halter ever.  That turned out to be harder than I'd expected.  After all, there's only so much you can do to improve on a basic nylon halter.    Here's what I came up with.  Note the two buckle crown, two tone overlay and doubled and stitched throatlatch.
And just in case that one isn't the best ever, here's another pink halter for Tiffany.  This one is bigger and is equal parts leather and ribbon.
So what do you think, Tiffany?  Can I have my Weather Girl now?  Pretty please?

8 comments:

  1. Love them both. You are the best friend! I know Tiffany will love them both!
    Being partial to pink myself, I know how she felt, but OMG, this will so make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of you to do that for her!! I love them both!! I think you should start producing a line of halters as well - those are fantastic! You could even name them after her - the Purdy Pink Halter Line from Braymere Custom Saddlery! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo! I am not going to make a habit of this. The grosgrain ribbon is such a pain to work with. I know that ribbon halters are a really common beginning tackmaker item, but seriously--it's a lot easier to use leather!

    And you know, I'm really not doing this out of the goodness of my heart. I fully expect to have a custom Weather Girl heading my way sooner rather than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could have been there! Tiff, stop traumatizing the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! Nice - Tiffany and her Pink! Careful.. her pink MOOSE might get jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!!! i love the one with the leather, but they are both fantastic!! i'm sure Tiffany will be so happy!

    what an awesome friend! though you will have to share pics of your WG when she turns up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd LOVE a nice set of 4 halters in different colours for my 4 weather girls! Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the one on Salinero :)

    ReplyDelete