Thursday, May 13, 2010

Playing catch up

I have spent the last seven days mopping up my basement, cutting down a tree, talking to contractors and hanging out at the stable. It's been a busy week, and I haven't found any time to work in my studio.

That's not a good thing. I have two half finished orders on my desk and one is on a deadline. I still haven't begun my NAN auction set, and I am completely unprepared for the Devilish Kokopelli Live Show which is less than two weeks away. As much as I would have liked to play hookey again today, I really had to get back to work.

This is how my desk looked this morning--what a mess!
And here it is now--still messy but some progress has been made.
Anne's saddle has a matching bridle and open front jumping boots.
There will be rear ankle boots as well. I was hoping to finish those today, but it looks like I'm going to run out of time. For some reason the men in this house all expect me to make the dinner...

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the way? They just don't understand that model horses are more important then dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tack as allways!
    The condition of your table looks pretty familiar to me! ;-))
    I love that pretty mule!!
    Some days ago I read about the background of those funny bell tails of the mules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanti--I love my mule too. He's a Linda Lima mule resin and is actually the first artist resin I ever owned. I think I paid all of $72 for him which seemed like a TON of money at the time.

    I always forget the code behind the tail bells, but I think his mean that he rides and drives. Seeing how he has more than a dozen NAN cards in performance, I think that's pretty fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have to look for a mule like yours for me!

    And you are right about those bell tails. One bell means broke to pack, two bells broke to pack and drive and three bells broke to pack, drive and ride. (I found the info about that on Fallen Leaves)

    ReplyDelete