Saturday, May 1, 2010

Party/Puppy/Derby

I survived the birthday party.

I would like to say it was a big success, but that would be an exaggeration. Ten minutes into the party we had an injury serious enough to send one kid to the ER (he's ok now). Then, the pizza I'd ordered and paid for hours in advance was never delivered. I ended up serving birthday cake for dinner. The kids thought that was pretty great, but I was less convinced. Oh well. At least it was memorable!Today was also busy. My friends Carol, Cara and Kristin came over with their newest family member. This is Delilah. Just look at that face! I think I'm in love...
We ate Kentucky Derby pie and watched Super Saver romp in the mud. All in all, it was a most satisfying afternoon.
Well, that's it for now. The restaurant that was responsible for last night's pizza fiasco has offered us five free pizzas as a consolation prize. We are heading out to take advantage of that. Hopefully this time there will actually be pizza and not just birthday cake!

5 comments:

  1. How was the kid hurt and who was it? Good deal on the pizza though!
    And the puppy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I hope Ryan had a good time anyway, and the injured kid is okay now. I spent my day trying to sleep through tornado warning sirens after being up all night with tornado warning sirens - and we're still under a watch. Hope tomorrow is less stressful for everybody and happy belated b-day Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the pizza party! Love the pictures and of course the pie! You are such an amazing friend hope today is not as eventful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The injured kid is just fine now. I know because he belongs to my neighbor and I can see him out in the frontyard running around like nothing ever happened.

    I wish my memory was that short. I think I have post traumatic stress disorder from that party! What happened was this:Jozsh somehow managed to smash his face into the back of someone else's head and knocked his front teeth loose. There was a lot of blood, but the teeth are still in two days later so it seems that no permanent damage was done.

    Carol, you are welcome to come over for pizza anytime--just be sure to bring that adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor kid, but May 1st is my Birthday. Happy Birthday to Ryan!

    ReplyDelete