Monday, January 10, 2011

Working for myself

Because I spent most of the weekend making tack for other people, today I gave myself permission to work on a few small projects for myself.
The flower pots will be used to dress up my "cowboy curtain" trail obstacle. 
The halter is the first step towards fulfilling my resolution to take an updated show photo of Snow Leopard sometime in 2011.
I haven't done a resolutions post this year, but that doesn't mean I don't have any.  Two items on the list are making a few more things for myself and photographing and cataloging my entire collection.  Today I made a bit of progress towards those goals.  Tomorrow I will get back to tackling that backlog!

7 comments:

  1. Love the props! What are those little metal bands made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little bands are cut from a sheet of aluminum which I bought at the hobby shop. I'd originally bought the aluminum to use for buckle rollers. It was a bit too thick for that, but it's come in handy on other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quanita is jealous. He wants a spot when you have an opening ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers look very nice! How did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Notturna! I bought the flowers at a hobby shop. They came in a big bunch and I cut off the smaller pieces wired them together and then epoxied them into the flower pots. Boring but a cheap and easy way to dress up trail obstacles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, you are not permitted to make stuff for yourself. Plumbers have leaky pipes, electricians have no lights, thus you should have no model stuff. LOL *(kidding of course!) I actually made myself a saddle --the first in 4 years! WooHoo!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorrie--I saw your pictures of that saddle on Kimberley's list. It looks AWESOME! You really need to think about making saddles a bit more often than every five years!

    As for the other part... It seems like every time I buy a painted resin the seller says, "I can't wait to see what you do with it in performance." Ummm--what makes them think it will ever be shown in performance? I have this huge herd of performance friendly models and most of them are yet to see the top of a performance table. It's just pitiful.

    ReplyDelete