Thursday, January 27, 2011

The WEG Diorama Poject in JAH

In the last thirty years, I have let my subscription to Just About Horses lapse twice.  The first time was in the early 1990's when I was living on the A show hunter/jumper circuit.  The second time was last fall.  I hadn't planned on not subscribing, but the renewal card came while my husband was unemployed.  Money was tight and I was reluctant to spend it on anything but the absolute necessities.  I set the card aside figuring I'd send it in later, but somehow I never got around to it.

Truth be told, I didn't miss it at first.  I'm not really a part of the magazine's target audience.  I no longer collect original finish models and I don't go to Breyerfest.  Most of JAH's content has nothing to do with me.

And then...  It did!  

The most recent issue of Just About Horses includes an eight page article about the WEG Diorama Project.  I am mentioned by name on page eight and there is a beautiful close-up picture of my bridle.  Oh, what a terrible time to be unsubscribed!  Fortunately, I have some wonderful friends in this hobby.  Thanks so much to Kim and Elena for sending me these scans and to everyone who has offered to give me their copies.  I really appreciate it!

For all the other interested non-subscribers, here is the article in its entirety.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!







13 comments:

  1. AMAZING! Thank you so much for posting that for we non-subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting the article. Oh, and that was a lovely bridle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they had given us tack-junkies some nicer close-ups! Or, I guess I could have just gone to the WEG and taken the pictures myself, LOL!

    Good job, Jen - I love how that saddle holds the doll - maybe someday I'll be as good at tackmaking as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks so much for posting that! What a fantastic article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer - you can have my copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole thing just takes my breath away - what wonderful displays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, an article I'm actually looking forward to. I had heard about this and wanted to know more.
    As for my opinion on the magazine, I liked the old format and write ups better. It was more informative. I actually let my subscription lapse when the format changed but then my Mother in law gave me 2yrs worth for my birthday last year(and she let me know intends to resubscribe me next year when it runs out again).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the scans! I enjoyed reading it. You guys did a phenominal job on the dioramas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My subscription has lapsed as well... er... or I think so, at least. JAH just randomly stopped appearing after the July/August issue last year. I don't recall ever receiving a re-subscribe card either. I should really look into that.

    I'm glad to see that the WEG dioramas got the attention they deserve- I'm hoping the article will encourage more people to get into performance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually did get this article for some reason, maybe because I went to Breyerfest... but pretty much just drooled over the beautiful diorama pictures. You did an excellent job, they were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (That was me offering you a copy btw :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole thing is amazing - the compilation of talent and dedication to show the very best face of the hobby is awesome.. but the FORKLIFT! Omg how INSANE??!!!

    Anywho, not a subscriber either so the scans were SO very much appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scans are soooo helpful! I really want to make a harness like that and these are GREAT refs!

    ReplyDelete