Friday, January 7, 2011

The National Western Stock Show Parade

If you happened to be in downtown Denver yesterday, you might have noticed something unusual...
 This isn't the normal mid-day traffic on 17th Street...
Don't let the unseasonably warm temperatures fool you--it's Stock Show time!
The National Western Stock Show Parade is the perfect parade for horse lovers.
Oh, there are a few tractors, 
 cars,
walkers,
 and dogs.
Mostly, however, it's horses, horses, horses!
There are big harness horses...
and little harness horses.
Police horses...
 and cavalry horses.
Horses with fancy tack...
 and horses with working tack.
Horses with big flags...
 and (half) horses with big ears.
There's no doubt, the National Western Stock Show Parade is all about horses!
Of course where there's horses, there's also poop...
So every year the last entry in the parade is a fleet of street cleaners!

8 comments:

  1. Lol! I got a good giggle out of the last entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for all the fantastic (reference) pictures! A sight for sore eyes! Kind regards, Doreen from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad there was good weather for you yesterday... I was thinking of you when I wasn't concentrating at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to admit that I get a little excited whenever I see horse poop in downtown Toronto. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOMEDAY I'll get to go to this :-)Until then, I'm really happy to see your pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane--maybe we can go to the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Parade together in June? I always forget about that one until after the fact. This year I want to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, you are cetifiable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops, that's certifiable.

    ReplyDelete