Saturday, January 15, 2011

My other new doll

Just in case anyone is interested, here's my other new doll from Anne Field.
I asked Anne to make a rider/handler to go with my Melissa Sage Egyptian Dancing Horse costume.
Both Anne and I agreed that the Breyer male doll wouldn't work for this project.  Instead, she used a Mego body and sculpted the head from scratch.  This was the first time she'd ever attempted that kind of radical customization, and I think she did a great job!
Although the doll fits in the saddle just fine, I will probably use him as a handler rather than a rider.  That saddle is so beautiful, I just hate to cover it up!
I'd originally ordered this set to fit a different model so the bridle is too small for Rune.  I guess that's another project to add to my list!  

9 comments:

  1. Wow - pretty horse! Maybe one of these days I'll contact Ms. Field and get a nice doll to use! By the way...love the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that doll is awsome, I love his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be awesome! Who was the set meant to be with??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see things when they all come together! And I am so glad you like your new dolls. I LOVE my new saddle (and hope there are more in my future) ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really cool doll, tack set, and horse! Who painted Rune again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa--I had this made for Ibn Sabeek, my HA Regal resin. At the the time he was the best Arab I owned. Now he's fifth in line and doesn't get to go to the shows! Still cute, though.

    BeccaG--Rune is an Indian Silver resin sculpted by Deb McDermott and painted by Sommer Prosser. I got him in trade. Everything pictured in this post came to me by way of trade. Isn't that awesome? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Rune just GLOWS! He's so beautiful...oh dear. I think I'm in love with a plastic horse.

    ReplyDelete