For almost a month I have been feeling the itch to paint. At first I tried to ignore it, thinking it would go away.
So, then I decided that I should paint something. Or, more precisely, I should finish painting something.
This RB Romke resin came to me in trade sometime in 2006 or 2007. I gelded him, did a little bit of custom work on his mane and tail and decided to paint him up as a semi portrait of a horse I rode when I was a teenager.
Although these pictures show him in a pretty rough state, I did manage to get him mostly finished. I even took him to a live show, where he finished last in his class. That was a fair placing, but it was discouraging. I put him back on the unpainted shelf and pretty much forgot about him for the next couple years.
Here is how his spots looked when I brought him back upstairs earlier this week. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. The shape is overgeneralized and the edges are pretty fuzzy.
A day later, and things are getting better. The edges of the spots are crisper and show a little bit of mapping.
Wednesday's in progress picture...