Tuesday, October 15, 2019

ICEE update

My goal for the second week of ICEE was to sculpt a braided mane and forelock.
It's been a long time since I've tried this, and I was extremely anxious about my skills relative to my desires. Braids are kind of my thing. If I didn't get them right, I knew I'd never be happy with my horse. That's a lot of pressure, so I spent most of the week working on everything but my ICEE horse. 

Procrastination is a wonderful thing.

Then yesterday morning I realized that it was almost time for my weekly update, and I hadn't even attempt a single braid. 

Accountability is also a wonderful thing.

I pulled up a tutorial by the Queen of Braids, Charlotte Donahue, mixed up some epoxy and got to work. As per Charlotte's directions, I started with the bridlepath and forelock.
Then moved onto the mane itself.
I roughed in the basic shapes...
and moved onto refinement. 
I feel like I could spend the rest of my life ICEE refining these braids, but this is probably good enough.
Most importantly, I still like my horse!
According to my original artist statement, she is nearly done. However, as usually happens, I've expanded the scope of the project. My goal for week three is to resurface her tail. Maybe this time I won't wait until Monday evening before I get going on that!

1 comment:

  1. Those braids are wonderful, even more so than procrastination.

    ReplyDelete