Sunday, September 14, 2014

Another goodbye

For various reasons--some financial, some emotional--I haven't spent much time at Kenlyn lately.  In fact, it's been more than a week since I stepped foot on the property.

Fortunately, my barn buddies haven't forgotten me.  Last night, Edie sent me a message letting me know that both foals had been weaned and would head to their new homes later this week.  

I told James...
and we decided we needed to go to the barn to say our goodbyes.
James has always been partial to Fortunataa's little bay colt... 
so he spent most of his time loving on that one. 
For me, it's always been all about Spring Fever...
and he was his usual bratty, 
goofy,  
endearing self. 
Oh, I'm going to miss this face! 
Good luck, little men.  I hope you both have wonderful lives!

7 comments:

  1. I will admit I had hoped that you would some how end up with Spring Fever as your own . :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i got so worried when i saw the title and then the picture of that cute foal! of course i'm sorry that they're leaving your barn (and that we won't get photo updates anymore!!), but what a relief that it's just to go on to their next homes. hopefully they have a lot of exciting times ahead of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I think we're all going to miss looking at their pretty faces.

    Are they at least staying together or are they going off separately?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring Fever leaves for Southern Colorado later today. The little bay goes later this week, and I think he's headed out of state. Oregon maybe? Not sure. I'll miss them, but I'm sure they'll do well in their new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, no more foalie updates! :(
    I'm so glad you guys got to see them before the left - you got some great photos to remember them by. :)

    ReplyDelete