Saturday, September 20, 2014

CAHC Fall Show

It's been a long, long time since I attended an Arabian show, so yesterday I drove down to the Douglas County Fairground in Castle Rock, Colorado to attend the Colorado Arabian Horse Club Fall Show.
The show was coupled with the AHA Region 8 Off-Site Working Western Championships, and I was hoping to watch cutting horses.
Unfortunately, I misread the the schedule so I had to make do with reining horses,
Hunter Pleasure horses, 
Western Pleasure horses, 
and Country Pleasure Saddleseat horses.
This was not exactly a hardship.
I had a great time looking at all the pretty horses...
and all the pretty tack!
I'll definitely be back next year, and maybe I'll even make it to the cutting classes!

6 comments:

  1. More pictures pretty please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hardship! I like the white with the starry blanket. Is the mane braid on the left Hunter Pleasure chestnut caused by just a head turn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with running braids--they're not very elastic. The more the horse turns and stretches his neck, the wavier they get!

      Also--I liked the grey horse, too. There will be more pictures of him in another post.

      :)

      Delete
  3. I love the skunk tail on the bay reining horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics and beautiful horses - i feel like i've seen the expression in the first chestnut from my own mare on *multiple* occasions lol

    ReplyDelete