Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fortunataa's baby

Fortunataa looked like she was ready to pop on Tuesday...
so I wasn't surprised to hear that she delivered her colt a full two weeks ahead of schedule.  I am still car-less, but fortunately, I was able to find a ride to the barn. 
Oh, he is so tiny
Diminutive size notwithstanding, he seems to be doing just fine. 
He's bright and curious,
 and he's got those legs mostly figured out.
He's doing everything a one day old baby should do.  He nurses, he poops, he pees...
and he sleeps!

What a sweet boy!

And because I can't write a post about foals without mentioning this guy, here's a picture of my favorite little dude.  Doesn't he look wonderful?
I am looking forward to watching both of these boys grow up in the weeks and months to come.

3 comments:

  1. Fortunataa is my ideal Arabian - fleabitten grey with grey mane and tail :3 Must get a custom done... I'd love to chop a Weather Girl!

    ReplyDelete