Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Half a harness

This is not what I'd planned to make this week.  

I sat down at my desk Monday morning with every intention of starting work on Anne's Western saddle.  Unfortunately, those plans came to a screeching halt when I realized I was missing a crucial part.  No big deal, I thought.  I'll get that ordered and work on something else.  Next on my list was Jane's endurance saddle.  Hmmm.  I didn't have all the parts for that either.  And so it went.  I was missing major parts and pieces for every single item on my list.

This is not totally unprecedented.  I tend to buy my supplies in bulk and usually I have more than enough to go around.  Every so often, however, it seems like I suddenly run out of everything all at the same time.  Just about the only things I had left in quantity were black lace and silver buckles...  

Here's what you can make with black lace and silver buckles.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I should admit that I don't actually have all the pieces for this particular project either.  No, I won't be able to finish this until I receive my box from the World of Model Horse Collecting!

7 comments:

  1. LOL, been there too. I was out of saddle trees, ordered some from Kirsteen.....and waited and waited, fortunately Alison is fast shipping.
    And....that is MINE? Whoop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I'm waiting on Rio Rondo small buckles at the moment for my bronc saddle. Got all done but the stirrup hobbles... had ONE buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Vicky, that's yours. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't have started it until late December/early January but sometimes it just works out like this. :)

    Allie--If you lived closer I'd give you a buckle. I have plenty of those. And I *really* want to see the bronc saddle

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That happens more often than not when I want to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I'm a sucker for harnesses - this is beautiful! Do you have a close-up shot (like, from the back) of the crupper? I'd love to see how you do yours. I completed my hackney harness a few weeks ago and I actually sewed the crupper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to run out of everything at the same time as well. And then I spend a couple of weeks trying to catch up (must order dolls, buckles, crystals, ultra suede...) For now I think I have everything I need to make any kind of doll and I can't think of what to make. Hmm, I should work on your western doll Jenn ☺

    ReplyDelete