Friday, November 12, 2010

Good mail week

Today I took three boxes to the Post Office.  The two little ones are filled with tack.  The big box contains my Pixie resin who is on her way to a painter.  There is a real sense of accomplishment that comes with getting things packed up and shipped out.
Perhaps more familiar to most hobbyists, is the sense of excitement that comes when receiving boxes.  Happily, I've got to experience that this week as well.
The unpainted Eberl pony and his Parklane saddle are only visiting, but the Otto is here to stay.  Squeee--just look at that crabby little face!  New painted resins are few and far between these days, but this guy was absolutely worth the wait.
So, that was my good mail week.  Here's hoping for many more in the future!

7 comments:

  1. Hmmp... my box that I got this week had hot cocoa and Charleston Chews in it. :D Mom doesn't necessarily send ponies any more! (BTW, nice Otto! Who painted him!?!!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the Otto is one of the cutest I've seen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otto is soooo sweeet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, there is a real sense of accomplishment in getting things mailed. However I think for me, it's the feeling of accomplishment of just getting the items boxed and mailed, LOL! I HATE that part of the business... I wish I could afford a live-in assistant to do all my boxing and mailing for me. Once I finish a set, I want it to just disappear so I can work on the next thing - I don't want to have to do moooore work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Otto is beautiful! Great color choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see "Tucker" made it safe. Looking forward to painting your Pixie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just noticed! That top box is coming my way! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete