Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cross-eyed

I like making tack, but I do not like making all kinds of tack. Harnesses are a perfect example of this. While I don't actually hate, hate, hate them, they're not a favorite. If no one ever ordered another harness, that would be ok. Ditto mini scale strap goods. I could happily go the rest of my life without making any more of those.

So, how did I get talked into this? For those of you who are not in the know, this model's body measures less than four inches from front to back. He's tiny!
Oh, I know there are people who work smaller, but those people are obviously insane. I think I would cry if I had to make a stablemate scale harness. Or drink. Seriously people, how do you do this?

9 comments:

  1. It may be a royal pain, but it sure looks pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember to use something extra when bribing you for small scale stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hobby friend of mine was working on a stablemate parade set once. She got so frustrated that she wanted to throw the silly thing across the room. Trouble is, she knew if she did, she'd never find it again :). I'm with you. They are nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Teresa wait until you see the bribe behind this harness. I should have it in time for DKL, and if it's anywhere near as cool as it looks in the pictures... Well, it will make all this small scale pain worthwhile!

    Shannon, just the thought of a stablemate parade set makes me shudder. No no no. That's just not happening here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We drink, cry a little.. drink some more.

    In between, I lose a lot of tack pieces on the floor never to be found again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work and I know what you are talking about. I finished a pack saddle for the Stone mule chips size and I almost threw the hole thing away while working on it..... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a parade set for a Mindy resin. I actually quite enjoyed the challenge, but I did have a bit of very thin leather which I didn't have to skive! The set actually got onto Finnish television at a Miniaturists show, and won a few prizes there! I don't make many SM sets, and I think therein lies the key!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... can't wait to see the bribe then Jennifer! :D

    ReplyDelete