Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Almost wordless Wednesday

I'm working on a dressage saddle, and it's not going well.

I keep telling myself that the struggle is good. It means I'm not being complacent and simply doing the same thing over and over. I'm trying new things, cutting new patterns, really working hard to make my saddles the best they can be... All of which sounds good in theory, but it doesn't make days like today any less frustrating!

Since it's Wednesday and this seems to be dressage week, I've decided to post a group of pictures from the Paragon Dressage II show held last August at the Stanley Park Fairgrounds in Estes Park, Colorado. Enjoy!










7 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, I'm curious about the middle pictures of the girl riding in the full bridle with the rein connectors? Do you know why that was allowed? It's not legal, to my knowledge, so I was curious if it was a special needs rider or something?

    *hugs*
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering who would be the first to notice that! That girl only had one arm. Neither Cara or I even noticed until halfway through her test and that was only because of the funny rein setup. I was very impressed by her--she rode really, really well and not just for a special needs person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, amazing. Only one arm eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never ceases to amaze me what people can do. I had a camp counselor with one arm (well, one arm and a half) who played the guitar.

    The third picture down is funny - it looks like you perfectly captured that, "I'll do this lead change but I don't have to like it," tail swish so many horses do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!!! So that explains the rein connectors. She is a lovely rider with a lovely horse, so i was very curious. :)

    Thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT that second grey. Really want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Jaime. I'm glad you noticed. I kind of expect that anyone reading this blog on a regular basis should be looking at the tack as well as the horses!

    Allie, the tail swishing horse is Surprise. He belongs to and is being ridden by my friend, Trish. I know that she doesn't love that sort of picture, but I think it's so cute with the tail and the tongue.

    Teresa, I want that grey horse, too. He was freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete