Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Year of the Mink

Officially, 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit. 
Unofficially, however, it's the Year of the Mink.  Of course when I say "Mink", I'm not referring to a semi-aquatic, carnivorous mammal... 
I'm talking about model horse artist extraordinaire, Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig!

The Year of the Mink started last November with Dagobert.  Gimme S'more followed soon after, and today I welcomed Mabel to my herd.
While Dagobert and Gimme S'more are resins sculpted by Sarah, Mabel is a resin painted by Sarah.  
She was sculpted by Donna Chaney of Animal Artistry.  
Apparently I like my Minks small and spotted!
Happily for me, the Year of the Mink is ongoing--there will be another addition to my Mink line-up before the Year is through!

9 comments:

  1. aww, they're so cute!!! i love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Shetty is sooo beautiful!! I'm a little envious! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That AA Sheltie is stunning! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE Mabel! she is cute and beautiful all in one! Ponies hold a special place in my heart anyway (especially paint ponies)...and this one is just way precious!! Thank you for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I will have to come and steal Mabel... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete