No exaggeration--I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday working on Dagmar's Portuguese saddle. Even when I wasn't actually sitting in my studio, my mind was consumed with thoughts about the saddle's construction. I was so obsessed that I actually dreamed about making the cantle!
And then... Life happened. The saddle got put aside for a day, then two days, then three. I had completely lost my momentum.
Today I decided it was time to reverse the trend. Even though I really wasn't feeling inspired, I forced myself to work on the little side panels. That went pretty well so I pushed on to the stirrups and stirrup leathers. After that, there was no stopping me. I wasn't going to stop until the saddle and all the attached pieces were finished.Top view.
Bottom view.I still need to make a girth and breastplate, but that shouldn't be a problem. I've regained my momentum and nothing's going to stop me now!