Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doreen's tack

A couple weeks ago I invited everyone to send pictures of tack they'd made using my Tack Tips or reference pictures. I was absolutely delighted to receive these pictures from Doreen Z of Germany the very next day.
Doreen has been making tack since 2008 and this English pony bridle and the in hand stallion tack were her first were among her first pieces.
I am really impressed with her buckles. I have made a lot of wire buckles in my day, and let me tell you, it's not easy to get them so consistent in size and shape.
Those keepers aren't half bad either!
Top view. Look at that lovely, clean workmanship! I would never guess this was made by a new tackmaker.
Doreen's next project is a dressage type double bridle for a Schliech horse. I can't wait to see it!

1 comment:

  1. I just vant you remind that you written a mistake,you write Schleich not Schilech horse.
    Sorry for my english,i am from slovenia

    ReplyDelete