Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Hot diggity dog, part two

One year ago today, I wrote a post about a pair of PetsMart hot dog costumes.

I'd bought both of them in 2024. The plan was to use one of them on model Olive for the Halloween class at Candyland Live. Unfortunately, I lost the first one almost as soon as I got it home. I tore apart my studio looking for it, decided it was a lost cause, went back to the store, bought another, came home, found the first and then realized that neither one of them was going to work with that particular model.
Sometimes tack making is like that.
I stuck both hot dogs in a drawer, and there they stayed until 2025, when I decided I was going to finish one of them for myself and give the other away.
I cut the original, velcro straps off hot dog number one.
I let the random number generator choose the winner of the hot dog number two.
After that, nothing happened. I made no further progress on my hot dog and the winner of the other hot dog never contacted me to claim her prize. Eventually, they both ended up back in the drawer.
Sometimes blog giveaways are like that.
This month, I've been cleaning my studio, and in doing so, I found both those hotdogs. I signed when I saw them. Then I sighed again when I this post come up in my memories today. Even though I wasn't feeling it, I knew what I needed to do.
It took two years, but this hot dog costume is done.
Technically, I guess, it still needs a halter.
But really, it's done.
Now I'm ready to deal with Dani's hot dog, too.
If she contacts me - braymere@comcast.net - within the next twenty four hours, I will ship it to her free of charge. Otherwise it's going in the next bag of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment