Nothing lasts forever. This is especially true of Sage's fly masks.
This one survived less than three weeks.I'd like to say that's a record, but in fact, there was one that was destroyed within three days.Not funny, Sage.
Today she got another new one. It's her fifth of the season, but who's counting?
I put it on her in the field and she immediately wandered off to commiserate with Tazz."We look dumb."Sorry girls. It may be mid-September, but fly season is still going strong. This is how it's going to be until the first frost.




.jpg)



For the ones of us NOT fortunate enough to have a "real" horsie, could you
ReplyDeleteenlighten us as to what would cause a horse to be this destructive to a flymask??
Is it because she's young and enthusiastic?? Is it because she's a Mustang and doesn't like having anything on her face? Is it rubbing her the wrong way somehow?? (It's too tight?? The eye goggles are too large??')
Orrrrrr---could she just looked herself in a mirror and told herself "Nope!! This color ain't doing it for me!!"??
Curious people wanna know!!
She doesn't actually seem to mind the mask itself and doesn't object at all when I put them on her. She also doesn't seem motivated to take them off. Sometimes I find the mask on the ground, but more often than not, it's on her head, just filled with holes!
DeleteProbably she's just itchy. Possibly one of her friends is helping her.
My Buster doesn’t destroy his fly masks… they just magically disappear. Sometimes I find them in his stall, covered in muck. Sometimes I find them in his brother’s stall, which is right next door. Sometimes I never find them at all.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is, his brother Pickle always has his fly mask on. But then Pickle always looks neatly groomed, even when he hasn’t been. Buster looks like he’s never been groomed, even if I just finished bathing him.