Monday, September 14, 2026

Minatures show loot

After we left the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls & Toys' Fall Show, Alexey and I headed to SeƱor Rics for snacks and drinks. Much to our server's delight, we spread our loot across the table and admired it as we ate.

This is my pile.
And Alexey's.
No one guessed - boo! - but this is his equine purchase.
Here's a better look at my pile.
You can never have too many baskets, dog crates and pumpkins.
Ditto, books.
The ABC of Horses was handmade by an artist. Riders & Ropers/A Horse Lovers Journal is a mass produced item. Both have actual pages, but only ABC has words and pictures on those pages.
 M is for Mustang, obviously.
Alexey bought the 3D printed bunnies. Then he decided he didn't like them and slid them into my pile. I think they're cute, but 1:12 is not my scale. They'll probably be part of the next blog giveaway.
This is another "blame Alexey" piece.
I can't imagine why he thought I needed a tiny 3D printed bird skull...?
The cutting board under the skull came from an artist who specialized in hand sculpted food and flowers. Hers was probably my favorite booth and where I spent most of my money.
The vegetables aren't just outwardly realistic. The onion has rings and pea pods have peas. It's all amazing!
Of course, I bought one of her planters, too.
And even though nobody guessed - still boo! - here's my equine purchase with his long-necked friend.
This was a fun day, and I will definitely go back to this show next year, hopefully with a little more money in my pocket!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have to figure out a way to incorporate not only your new snail planter, but also the snail jump into the upcoming show...

    ReplyDelete