Last weekend, my friend, Anne Veeneman–van der Weel, attended the inaugural Akhal Teke World Championship, which was held at was held at the Peelbergen Equestrian Center in the Netherlands.
Today, we're doing a deep dive into the the tack.
When I think of Akhal Teke saddles, this is what comes to mind.It's a mysteriously shaped saddle, completely covered in rugs...
with a bird's head horn.It's hard to find good pictures of the saddle on its own, but happily, Anne was able to do exactly that.
And since she is a tackmaker herself, she made sure this particular saddle was meticulously documented.
She took photos from all angles,
front,the back,
both sides...
and lots of close-ups.
She also included images of the matching bridle, breastplate and collars.
No details were spared.
On the behalf of model tackmakers everywhere, thank you, Anne, for these pictures! The next post will feature some of the less traditional Akhal Teke saddles.




















Incredible detail!! I'm sure there is a model horse tack artist who could do these justice!
ReplyDeleteAgain, happy sigh. I did not know the frame edges were jewelled. My few references had nothing of the sort (I've only paid attention to bridles and collars).
ReplyDeleteMany heartfelt thanks for sharing these photos here!
ReplyDeleteI’m a huge fan of Akhal-Teke horses. It’s really difficult to find good reference pictures for tackmaking. I like the traditional tack the most. It’s quite a challenge to decorate it with so much detail—all those ornaments. Absolutely beautiful.