Whenever I start prepping for a performance show, there's always one class that is immediately the most important. In the case of Karin Hullatti's Dog and Pony Show, that's clearly Donkey Hotee.
I don't know what a Hotee is, but I well versed in Donkey.
In fact, I have a whole, quirky herd of them.
And yet, somehow, this is the only one I've ever shown in performance.
Bitesize was one of my first customized models and my main Other Performance "horse" during the early stages of live show career. His last outing was 2010.
I have a lot of ideas for the Donkey Hotee class, but the first and most obvious of which involves Pecans.
She is the little Lefton donkey I bought at Donna's estate sale. She came with a sawbuck packing set made by Donna's mother, Marie, and the idea of getting this into a show ring - some fifty years after its creation - is irresistible. There's only one problem. The original halter is no longer viable.
Well, I do know how to make a halter.
I just haven't made a single piece of tack since Darcy died.Sigh. I guess now's as good a time as any. It took me a long time to round up my tools and supplies, and then a surprisingly short time to actually put the halter together.One of the hundreds, but also, one of one.
Pecans is ready to make her performance debut.
But will there be pecans in those panniers or perhaps something else?
Only time will tell!
P.S. You don't have to tell me what a Hotee is. I googled it!















Do you have a windmill that survived the great basement flood?
ReplyDeleteAlas, no windmills before or after and no budget/space to add one now. Definitely open to loaners!
DeleteNo knight in armor?
ReplyDelete