Friday, July 31, 2026

Pecans

Everyone wants to talk about the Arabians.

Meanwhile, I'm over here saying, "Yes, but have you seen my old/new donkey?"
This is Pecans.
She is an original finish, made in Japan Lefton China.
She came with a handmade packing set by Marie Welch.
There was originally a halter, too, but all of this is some fifty years old. Despite gentle handling, the crownpiece disintegrated when I took it off for cleaning and conditioning. I'll replace it eventually.
Fortunately, the sawbuck saddle and harness are still in fine condition.
I am so impressed with this set. If you told me it was made by a hobby artist in 2026, I would totally believe you. It's that good.
Here's a close up look at the panniers...
and the pecans inside those panniers!
I promise there will be more information about the Shirmars soon, but for now, let's all enjoy the cuteness of Pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment