In case anyone was wondering, Nefertiti did eventually have her baby.
It happened while I was in Wisconsin, so I didn't meet him right away.Still, I was excited to hear the news. At last, the palomino foal everyone's been waiting for!He and his mom spent some time in the little paddock next to the turnouts before moving into the field with Glamour and her son.As is typical with very young foals, they ignored each other completely at first, choosing instead, to spend all their time with their respective mothers.Today, when I got the barn, they were finally playing.I parked the car, grabbed my camera and went right out to the field to watch them.
Oh, so cute!Glamour's foal - Sir Valor - is older and bigger...
but little Pharaoh just might be faster.
Weeeeeee!
Look at him go!I'm so glad they finally found each other.
Brothers.Besties.
I look forward to watching their antics for months to come!
















Oh indeed - they are soo cute!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to many pictures of them!!!
That's so wild that their dams are black or bay respectively but they came out Buckskin and palomino!! Seeing as palomino is a dilute color of chestnut (being a cream gene) and chestnut is usually recessive, you would have thought that they would be darker like their dams!! Anyway chance that their coats will turn sooty because of this when they're older??
ReplyDeleteThey ARE *adorable * at this stage, too, though!! Papa must be proud!!
They look different after their first shed, and then different again as they age. Pharaoh will likely stay at my barn, so there will be photo updates.
DeleteHe is handsome colt!
ReplyDeleteAdorbs! 💕
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!
ReplyDelete