Monday, July 27, 2026

Wisconsin mish mosh

I've spent a lot of time roasting James for the packing disaster that defined the first part of our Wisconsin road trip. But, as bad as it was, all this was an annoyance rather than a catastrophe.
This could have been a catastrophe.
When we took the car off the trailer, we discovered that one of the pieces that holds the car in place had broken somewhere en route.
For reference, this is how it should look.
This could have been so terrible. We really dodged a bullet.
Kind of unexpectedly, I did get to see Tiffany on this trip. Her daughter, Julia, lives in Madison, and she and her husband, Paul, happened to be visiting. 
They stopped by the apartment briefly on Friday and filled James' still-empty refrigerator with a herd of Spotted Cows.
During the process of packing and unpacking, I found a cat harness and leash. 
James told me that Guppy wasn't a fan, but of course, I needed to see for myself.
For a moment or two, there was hope.
Eventually, however, she lay down and refused to move.
Something to work on next time I visit.
And there will be a next time!
I liked Madison, and I love my son. Despite the rough start - and the equally rough ending -  I'm so glad James asked me to help him move to Wisconsin. It was a pleasure spending time with him and his animals and helping him get started in his new life. Thank you, James. I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment