Once or twice every summer, a big group of polo ponies spends the night at my barn.
They arrive late and leave early, which means I usually miss them entirely.
Not this year!
Most of them look the way you'd expect polo ponies to look: athletic,
lean,
bald,
solid colored.
Hold on a second!
Two of these things are not like the others!
Mixed in with all the greys, bays and chestnuts was a very interesting pinto...so pretty!
...and tied to the trailer was my favorite type of Appaloosa.
Hello, handsome!
We were told this one was a "bad boy."
Instead of going in the field with the others, he needed his own separate run.
That run ended up being near Sage.
Naturally, I spent some time with him,drinking in his details...
and taking photos.So many details!
So many photos!Ours was a brief acquaintanceship, but I'm really glad I got to "meet" him.
I hope he comes back next year.
























The photo of Sage looking over her shoulder at him just says it all! Neato!
ReplyDeleteWow gorgeous boy!
ReplyDeleteWow, lovely pattern and coloring!
ReplyDelete