Friday, February 13, 2015

Malia's contest entry

In the note accompanying her entry to the BCS Winter Photo Challenge, Malia Darr writes: I wish I could show model horses, but I live in Hawaii and alas no one shows here…  This has been a common theme throughout the contest.  People want to show off their horses, but they don't have a place to do so.  Perhaps we're on the verge of a new age of photo showing?

Even if we're not, I enjoyed looking at Malia's pictures, especially unbridled passion and portrait.  Thanks so much for entering, Malia!

1. Vintage
A metal horse and a horse pull toy made out of cowhide that used to be my great grandpas and grandpas. Metal horse is super heavy and the saddle can come off.
2. Nekkid 
 “Artis” When she was nekkid (sort of) without her patches . Before...
And after!
3. Scale issues 
The outside world compared to model horses…….. My peter stone (2014 DAH) Pebbles “Bliss” and a real flower
4. I see spots 
Breyer Dalmatian “Dolly”: "Wow your a big Dalmatian! Breyer Hank: I’m a Leopard Appaloosa and a horse to boot! Dolly: Are you sure? Hank: Hmph! Why does everyone call me a Dalmatian!
5. Unbridled passion 
Breyer Mustangs Adriano and Dream Catcher having a passionate night watching the fireworks.
6. Rare breed 
Breyer Halloween horses, Phantasma and Nosuferatu: (Ahhhh!! Run!) or the horses of Nightmares…. good thing they are rare then.
7. Portrait 
I thought this drawing (my niece Angelina drew for me) looked like this, random plastic toy horse i have and i took a picture of them.
8. Conga 
My Marbella (Morgan Mare) Conga
9. The great outdoors 
My breyer custom mare and foal and grazing mare and foal. Drinking at the water hole while there was a break in the rain.
10. Best in show 
“Montana” and her horse “Gold Dust” won lots of classes at the horse show “Gold Dust” won best in show!!!   I wish I could show model horses but i live in Hawaii and alas no one shows here…
I still have more entries to share.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I live in Australia and there are lives shows in Australia but they are either on the other side of the country or have no current information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these! Malia, you should take beach pictures, they'd be great in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I'd love to see pictures on a black sand beach if Malia lives near one.

      Delete