Friday, February 6, 2015

Kate's contest entry

In the note accompanying her entry for the BCS Winter Photo Challenge, Kate McLachlan writes: After much humming and hawing, I decided that it would be fun to take part in the Winter Photo Challenge.  Though as I'm currently working in South Africa, all my models are on the wrong side of the Atlantic, so I went with real horses instead.  

I am really pleased you decided to enter, Kate.  These photos are absolutely, drop dead gorgeous.  Another favorite!

1. Vintage
The 1808 Osmington white horse in Weymouth, England. The rider is King George III, who visited the town and made it a popular seaside resort.
2. Nekkid 
My pony, sporting her first clip. She was not impressed.
3. Scale issues 
On the right, a full-grown Arab mare. On the left, a ten month old Foalzilla.
4. I see spots 
Birdcatcher spots, and lots of them!
5. Unbridled passion 
Another term for the enthusiasm with which my pony takes off at the sight of a halter. 
6. Rare breed 
A lone Jersey cow on a farm full of Black Angus.
7. Portrait 
Ariel of Shackleford Banks. This beautiful wild mare walked up to the campsite and watched us for a while, before heading back to her band. It was really magical.
8. Conga 
Conga of curious sheep.
9. The great outdoors 
10. Best in show 
Sir Jasper de Barry, winner of the tourney at Blenheim Palace.
Stay tuned.  There are still more entries to come!

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious that Kate lives near a chalk horse! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, there are no chalk horses in South Africa that I know of - that one I saw when I still lived in the UK. It was a very exciting moment, though, as I came over the top of the hill and saw the chalk horse - there was much squeeing and dancing on the spot!

    ReplyDelete