Sunday, September 25, 2016

TJS English Performance, part one

It's easier to take tack off than to put it on, so the Jennifer Show's English Performance began with the tack intensive cross country class.
There were lots of fun... 
and imaginative jumps on the table.
This was also the point in the show...
where the minis made their first appearances. 
In the end, first place went to Allie Davidson's Aeorosmith named Pumped Up Kicks.
Jumpers were next. 
This was a huge class, with lots of nice entries including this one by Niki Hertzog. 
Tiffany's PHF Ranger Dongle was the eventual winner. He then came back and won the English Games class, too.
Games classes should be fun, and this one certainly was. 
I really enjoyed the variety of events depicted. This is Niki's Hat Grab Race...
and her Stepping Stones entry. 
Erin's ES Mr Purdtastic played Horse Ball
and one of Margaret's horses competed in the Walking Key Hole Race. I missed taking a photo of that one, but I did snap a picture of its reference sheet. Have I ever mentioned how much I love seeing performance entries using my photos for documentation? I really do.
Dongle made it three in a row with a victory in the Hunter class. 
With twenty eight entries, this class was huge. We had to appropriate another table just to get them all set up. Considering most Colorado performance classes have fewer entries than ribbons, this was really exciting!
I wish I could have photographed every single one of those twenty eight entries, but I had to settle for taking pictures of just a few favorites, such as Margaret Balch's Hawthorne...
and this lovely grey Windfall. 
More Buxton photos on the show table. Yay! 
Hunter was followed by trail. No surprise, this was another giant class that was filled with poles entries.
A few showers got creative with mailboxes... 
and push balls... 
but in the end, it was Tiffany's pole set-up that claimed the top prize. 
That's four consecutive blue ribbons for PHF Ranger Dongle. The next class would be Hunter Under Saddle. Could he keep his streak alive? Stay tuned to find out.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

TJS Other Performance champions

One of the features of the Jennifer Show was a new and expanded performance championship structure. Each division had two separate champions and reserve champions, with one set of awards going to the top individual models and the other going to the winningest showers. I didn't know exactly how this would play out, but after a most amazing Other Performance division, the top performers in both categories were clear.

With four blue, two red and one yellow ribbon, Tiffany Purdy's PHF Ranger Dongle was the undisputed Other Performance Champion Horse.
With a top placing in Other Ethnic/Historical Costume and a fourth in Other Performance, Erin Corbett's Treats?! picked up Reserve Champion Horse honors.
On the shower side of the equation, Niki Hertzog's team of six earned her the Reserve Champion Shower title.
She was bested by Sandy Sanderson who showed... fourteen?... separate horses in the first ten classes. It was an amazing achievement and also a sign of things to come. 
English Performance is next!

TJS Other Performance, part three

The final class of the Jennifer Show's Other Performance division was Scene. Historically, this has always been a strong class in Colorado. I had high expectations for the entries, and I was not disappointed. Like Fun Costume, this was a class where all the entries deserved NAN cards. Since that's not possible, I decided to give each of the top six entries a place in the spotlight here. First up is Niki Hertzog's sixth place Pokemon hunt.
I love this entry and took easily half a dozen pictures of it. Sadly, most of them turned out blurry. You're going to have to trust me that it was awesome. 
Documentation for the Pokemon illiterate. 
Fifth place went to Marilyn Jensen's dog pack entry. This was one of the big winners in the Dogspotting Challenge. Look for more pictures in an upcoming post.
Fourth place went to Niki's other entry, a multi piece circus set-up. 
PHF Ranger Dongle placed third with his Colorado Ranger diorama. 
Sandy Sanderson' ambitious--and chaotic!--starting gate won second place honors. 
This was a really neat entry, with all sorts of things going on. 
Brokeback Cowboy! 
The scene class winner was Lu Heater's First Fling. 
I've seen this entry many times, but it never gets old. Congratulations, Lu, on a job well done! 
Of course, no Scene class report would be complete without a mention of Teresa's amazing but risque trail ride entry.
Due to their adult content, the rest of the photos can be found under the cut.

TJS Other Performance, part two

Picking up where I left off yesterday, the next class in the Other Performance division at last Saturday's Jennifer Show was Parade.
Again, this was another big, competitive class...
with a lot of top notch entries.
Third place honors went to Margaret Balch's Daydream Believer. 
Tiffany's PHF Ranger Dongle was second... 
and Sandy's Mr. Dude claimed the blue. 
Showmanship was next. 
This is not my favorite class, so I didn't pay close attention...
to any of the entries... 
except one.

This is Niki Hertzog's Julian, wearing a really lovely set of in-hand stallion tack. This looks like it was custom made for Shannondell, but Niki said she'd owned it for a while. It was just a happy coincidence that it fit him so perfectly!
Apparently, Sheila was as impressed as I was, since this one the class!
The second to last class of the Other Performance division was Other Performance. 
There were a lot of neat set-ups in this one, but I was too busy elsewhere to photograph most of them.
Fortunately, I did manage to take a couple pictures of Lu's Indian Relay entry. This was really neat! 
I also liked Erin's carrot and stick entry. This is a great way to show a begging model in performance!
The Scene class and Other Performance Champions are next!