Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kirsten's contest entry

One more entry?  Sure, why not?

Today's last featured entry comes from Kirsten Wellman of White Horse Productions.  Thanks so much for entering, Kirsten!

1. Vintage
Nymphenburg "Stürzendes Pferd" aka Fallen Horse, produced 1916
2. Nekkid 
Waiting for paint---some are mine, some belong to my customers
3. Scale issues 
"I weigh HOW much?! This scale must be broken!"
4. I see spots 
Purdy spots, Stone spots, blue spots, Breyer spots, even canine spots
5. Unbridled passion 
My biggest equine passion is for Thoroughbreds and horse racing. I've been collecting newspaper articles about favorite horses since I first fell in love with Swale in 1984, and for my birthday several years ago, my sister made me a lovely album to keep them in. My racing memorabilia spans about 5 albums now, but here is a collage of some of the pages.
6. Rare breed 
The elusive turquoise and black HR Black Bisque Zebra, made 1959 only.
7. Portrait 
Barbaro, CM Swaps by me, a portrait of the ill-fated 2006 Kentucky Derby winner. I began following him when he was a 2 year-old running on turf with no Derby aspirations, and once he switched to dirt, I thought for sure he was going to be The One we had all been waiting for. I still wonder what might have been.
8. Conga 
I have a PAM problem. Here are 4 of the approximately 60+ PAMs in my conga. The rest can be seen on my website.
9. The great outdoors
CM Wintersong by me in the snow
10. Best in show 
Popular gelding The Tin Man greets the adoring paparazzi after winning the 2006 G1 Arlington Million at Arlington Park, my local track.
I've also got one more blog/web link and it's a doozy: Corbett Saddles.  Thanks, Erin and Olive!

1 comment:

  1. lovely Barbaro portrait -- i sometimes wonder what could have been too...

    ReplyDelete