Friday, February 6, 2015

Corrie's contest entry

Today's second featured entry for the BCS Winter Photo Challenge comes from British full-scale tackmaker, Corrie King.  I love the photos of her workbench and squee! saddle turtle!  Thanks so much for entering, Corrie!

1. Vintage
A model that belonged to my Grandmother, which I gave a fresh coat of paint a few years ago!
2. Nekkid 
"What is he on??"
3. Scale issues 
've decided to attempt making a fully stitched 1:9 scale bridle (which hasn't been done before as far as I know!)... 
I could really do with a shrink ray for my tools, it's not easy stitching a 1/8" wide strap!
4. I see spots 
...a different kind of spots!
5. Unbridled passion 
My workspace after a long day in the workshop - it's a busy life being a saddler!
6. Rare breed 
I'm not sure Oliver will win the grand national any time soon... perhaps endurance is more his thing?
7. Portrait 
A portrait of my friend's beautiful pony Seren painted by myself as a gift for said friend!
Would you believe Seren is gone twenty years old!?
8. Conga 
Things can get a bit wild...
9. The great outdoors 
Nothing more lovely than a blue summer sky!
10. Best in show 
Looking rather dapper!
Also, in the note accompanying her entry, Corrie writes: I've been trying to think of a topic for another guest-post on full scale tackmaking, so do let me know if there's anything you'd like to learn/know about. I'd be more then happy to write a guest post!  I've forwarded a couple ideas to Corrie, but I'd love to field some suggestions from my readers as well.  Please leave your ideas in the comments section!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, the saddle turtle is ADORABLE!! I love her dapper Best in Show horse too. :D

    ReplyDelete