MEPSA is holding a model horse tackmaking contest as a MEPSA Benefit. This contest is open to ALL. Winner will be decided by popular vote. Voting will be open to ALL. One person = one vote. Voters will need to join the yahoogroups MEPSA list in order to vote, but this is free and simple. This is a great way to get your work shown to a potentially huge audience, win a great award, and help MEPSA put on a terrific Championship show.
1) All tack must have been made by the entrant. All major parts of any sets must have been made by the entrant. For example, you may not make a saddle pad, and enter someone else's saddle with your saddle pad as an entry. However, if the saddle is your work, a saddle pad made by someone else (and noted) may be included as part of one entry. The tack may be previously made, or made especially for this contest.
2) Tackmaker may enter any type tack (Western, English, Native costume, historical, circus, other) in any scale, and the tack may be anything, ranging from a halter and lead set to a complete set with saddle. We will have two divisions- one for an entry including a saddle, and one for entries not including a saddle. You may enter one entry in each division if you wish.
3) All finished tack may have a clear digital or scanned photo of each side, on a model, sent in to MEPSA- Laurel Dedes- firstname.lastname@example.org MEPSA can do the photographs for you if needed, when we get the tack.
4) ALL entered tack becomes property of MEPSA to raise funds or use as Championship show awards. This is a MEPSA Benefit contest. Tackmaker must send the finished tack to MEPSA upon completion- Sherry Ball, Yorktown, VA.- at their own expense. There is no other fee to enter.
5) Winner of Division A (entry of or including any type saddle) will be awarded a Sandicast Quarter horse model, professionally customized by Lisa Rivera Shepard. We will have photos of this model up when they are available. Lisa has already done a lot of work on him, and he is a gorgeous tobiano paint horse.
6) Winner of Division B (entry without saddle) will receive either a NIB Breyer model or tack making supplies.
7) The contest will be publicized heavily on the Internet and in model horse groups. Please help spread the word!
8) Deadline for producing your tack and entering it is July 15th, 2010. Voting will take place at the end of July or the beginning of August. We will accept entries from now until July 15th.
9) MEPSA appreciates an intent to enter statement as soon as you determine that you will enter, sent to Laurel Dedes- email@example.com This is not binding, but will give us an idea how many entries to expect.I've been involved with MEPSA for more than a decade. This is one of the hobby's best organization, and I plan to show my support by entering at least one division of the Tackmaking Contest. Hope to see some of you there, too!