Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Busy, happy

Dog drama aside, this has been a very happy and productive week.  I've spent my days working on this...
this... 
and this.
The saddle was finished shortly before my accident, but it's taken me all this time to finish up the accessories.  Thank heavens for patient customers!  Erin's dog has taken less time.  I'm in the home stretch as far as sculpting goes, and am hoping to have him ready prepped, primed and ready to paint by the weekend. 
Progress with Mystyc is slow but steady.  We're mostly walking, partly because the footing is less than ideal, but also because I'm being careful.  She's a good girl, but she likes to test her limits.  Happily, I've been more than up to the challenge so far!
It feels so good to be working and riding again.  It took nearly three months, but I've finally reclaimed my normal, happy life!

9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! The dog looks fantastic! I'm so happy for you that you're back in your rhythm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too! It's been a really long recovery on so many fronts. I'm still not one hundred percent. Repetitive motions especially those associated with preparing leather, make my shoulder hurt, and I have to take a lot more breaks than I used to. That's ok, though. My working time isn't so short as to seem pointless, so it's not a huge issue.

    And nothing about working on the dog hurts, so he's been an ideal project to fit in between leatherwork sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are finally getting back to normal for you. I love the little dog and as always, love the tack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back in your groove! (And that's not just because I get to see some of my goodies.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 The puppy and Mystyc! Myr is always testing, so while he's a good boy you constantly have to be alert and on your toes with him. Sounds like his 1/2 sister might be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad to hear all this! You've got your groove back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh that little dog is so cute=).
    // Jennie Waltersson

    ReplyDelete