Sunday, January 19, 2014

United in orange

Denver is a football town.

Even during the off season, the Broncos are front page news.  When it's January and the Broncos are Super Bowl favorites...  well, then the Broncos are pretty much the only news.

Today was the AFC Championship game, and almost overnight, the entire city turned orange. Houses...
people...
horses.  All orange.
I'm not really a football fan, so I thought this would be a great day to go to the National Western Stock Show. After all, with everyone home watching the game, it was bound to be a lot less crowded.
I was joined by Carol and Cara, and the first thing we did was head over to the Event Center to watch the hunter show.
There was orange in the stables. 
There was orange in the warm up rings. 
There were even orange jumps! 
This horse was clipped with a football on one side...
and Peyton Manning's number on the other. 
The announcer was obviously a football fan.  Every rider's score was paired with a game update.  "That'll be a clean round for number four hundred and two, Validator, ridden by Suzy Creamcheese, and the Broncos are now leading thirteen to three."
Things were even more orange at the trade show, with all sorts of Broncos goodies for sale.
Still, the biggest draw was the game itself... 
which was playing on a large number of screens. 
I may not be a football fan, but I'm glad the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl this year.  I like all the orange, and I really like seeing horse pictures everywhere.
Go Broncos!

9 comments:

  1. That's kind of cool all the football stuff at the stock show. The big screen tv showing the game is funny, though. For some people, nothing is more important than football...even a horse show they "have" to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely balanced! Thanks for taking us to the National Western... I love the bandanna+bridle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was cheering for the Broncos down here in AZ. I'm from Wyoming, though, so I know how the craze gets (we had to adopt somebody's team!). Too funny about that horse with the football clipping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy Creamcheese...you've mentioned her before haha! ("And my English saddles are $200-" "$200?! I COULD BUY A REAL SADDLE FOR $200!)

    Looks like lots of fun with all that orange ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their mascot's an Arab too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Northwestern Colorado and all I can say is "Yay Broncos"! It's funny though, we were talking today about it probably being a great day to go to stockshow if you didn't watch football. Was it easier to find a parking spot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost ended up spending the game in the saddle. I'm really not a football fan (except for British XD) still I watched and I was slightly bummed that the Pats lost (I'm from MA) but at the same time, the Broncos DEFINITELY deserved the win more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the broncos! I live in CO..and I can't wait for the Superbowll!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey - I might get exhibitor's pins from the houseguests - am trying to get the hubby to go but if he's not up to it, wanna go sometime next weekend again or are you stock show'd out?

    ReplyDelete