Monday, January 13, 2014

Fun with tack

I have a lot of favorite models, but Love N Stuff is one of my most favorite favorites, and I couldn't resist tacking her up for a full photo session before I mailed Sue's bridle off to Washington.

I started with the obligatory show picture.  
She looks great all great all dressed up like that, but the real Love N Stuff was a school horse.
I decided that I needed to swap saddles and riders and shoot some casual pictures.
Then--because I'm a dork--I found myself trying to recreate some of the old photos of my eleven year old self and the real Love N Stuff.
This...
was...
a lot.... 
harder...
than I'd expected!
Oh well.  I had fun doing it
Even after all these years, I still love Love N Stuff!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, she looks AMAZING in tack!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. I feel the same way about Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your model photo shoots... I have no model horses, and probably will never have any - my real horse keeps eating my money!

    But I just want to say that I love lurking around your blog and learning about the world of model horses and the creativity and passion that goes into these tiny works of art. Thanks!

    bonita of A Riding Habit

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter started riding when she was 11 and I became a bona fide horse mom then. These pictures bring back so many memories and remind me of her best school horses. One was also a big chestnut with a blaze :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute! Love N Stuff looks so sweet. I'm so glad you've got all those pictures if you and her together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw - you were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable photos! How did you make those English spurs on the adult doll!? Please do a tack tip!
    Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, I would do this with a grey shetland if I could, that was my all time favorite when I was a kid! Still needs to find a good represantative model though (;
    Btw, googled for special parade saddles, and found a really cool concho saddle, thought you would like to see!
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3360/3450512294_90fecaa96e.jpg
    Or maybe a purdy parade set? tehe :3
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3GxURelu6D4/TC0bDiyXr_I/AAAAAAAAAYw/9MlykZ0v0n0/s1600/Obie%2Band%2BJenny.jpg

    ReplyDelete