Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back in the saddle

One of my goals for 2014 is to make at least one, and preferably two, saddles every month.  

That seems like a completely reasonable objective, but January is nearly over and the only saddle I've made is Marci's sawbuck.  I suppose that counts, but I'd really like to do better.

So....
Even in the best of times, hunching over a saddle for hours on end can cause neck and shoulder pain.  Since my left collarbone and shoulder still aren't one hundred percent, I'm having to take a lot of breaks.  This photo represents two days worth of work!  

Hopefully things will start to move a little quicker soon.  After all, the end of the month is nearly here, and I have a quota to make!

7 comments:

  1. My desk is SUCH a mess. I thought about clearing it off a bit before I took this photo, but figured some people would like seeing the disaster. Looks like I was right!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would this by any chance mean that you'll be taking commissions sometime soon, or is it all backlog that you're meeting your quota with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backlog still, unfortunately. The goal is to have everything completely done before NAN/Breyerfest, which is when most of it is due. If I maintain the current pace, that shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ok, well I could dream anyway. :P Maybe after NAN/Breyerfest I'll be able to catch a commission slot from you. :)

      Delete
  4. Lookin' good!! Don't push yourself too much though!
    Oooooooh! Do I see what I think I see... a...doggy??
    ;)

    ReplyDelete