Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hump day

I got the kids off to school this morning and went right to work in the studio.
The next couple hours were spent detailing the flaps.  This includes skiving, sealing, finishing the edges, stitch-marking, and adding the stirrup leather keepers and d-rings.
My shoulder was hurting by the time I finished all that, so I decided a physical and mental health break was in order.  
 After a good ride on Mystyc, I was ready to assemble the padded flaps, add billets and stirrup bars and attach the seat and flap section.
That's more than enough work for one day.  There's still a lot left to do, of course, but I'm over the hump.  Tomorrow should be a lot easier!

4 comments:

  1. I just had a thought. How many English saddles have you made? Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the in-progress pictures - it's cool to see how it all comes together. And hooray for mid-day real pony breaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that beautiful face! Mystyc is so cute. Congrats on getting some studio work done. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete