Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dog shaped objects

A few days ago, Erin Corbett asked me if I knew someone who might be able to make her a "designated driver dog" similar to the one in this famous photo.
Designated Drive, copyright Paul Stanton
I told her that Tiffany and D'arry would be my first choices, but then I added, "If they don't have time, I could probably do it."

Famous last words.

Work began this morning with a simple wire and aluminum foil armature.  Erin wanted her dog to share the saddle with its inebriated rider, so I spent a lot of time working out the placement of the dog's feet.
Once everything was properly positioned, I locked the limbs in place with baking soda and super glue. 
Then I started laying on the epoxy. 
Erin knows I'm not a serious sculptor.  The goal here is to create a nice prop rather than an anatomically perfect dog. 
There's still a long way to go, but at I'm very pleased with today's progress.  
Braymere Custom Dog Shaped Objects?  Why not!

9 comments:

  1. If this is in any way jack russell like I will NEED one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer you are amazing!! So super talented!
    You amaze me. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are funny. It's still a blob! Hopefully, it will look less blob-like and more dog-like soon, but right now, it's just a blob and who would want to buy a blob?!?!?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Jenn, it's an amazing blob! :D I could never figure it out. :)

      Delete
  4. I think your rider has sobered up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Sara...jack russell.. great work Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented in so many areas of the hobby! You are really inspiring! Wish I had my art cart with me in Japan so I could finish my sculpture or start another one!

    ReplyDelete