Friday, August 12, 2016

Calling all novices

It's true. I want you--all of you--to show performance at the Jennifer Show.
I realize that it's a bit intimidating to show against the likes of Tiffany Purdy, Erin Corbett, Sandy Sanderson and Lu Heater, so I've been thinking of ways to encourage less experienced showers to participate.
No one should feel this way!
The obvious solution is to include a novice performance division. Unfortunately, in my  experience, novice performance divisions in Colorado inevitably suffer from empty table syndrome.
Empty tables make me sad, so, once again, we're going to try something new. Instead of holding a separate novice performance division we will run a novice performance division inside the regular performance division. Novices will compete side by side with the "pros," but will be eligible for their own, extremely awesome Overall Champion prizes.
This is a hint
Eligibility for this division will be determined on a case by case basis, and potential showers should contact me before the show to establish their novice credentials. 
BreyerWest Youth/Novice Performance Champion 2016
I really hope this will persuade at least a few people to give performance a try. Trust me, it's a ton of fun!

6 comments:

  1. Question: Does Novice generally refer to people who are new to live showing, or to kids? I'm an adult who wants to begin showing, but I'm not entirely sure if that qualifies me as Novice or not. I'd feel awkward if I somehow misinterpreted it and ended up showing with kids. Help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Novice is all about experience and skill level. Youth is age related. Sometimes the two overlap, but not always.

      As far as I know, there aren't any youths signed up to show at the Jennifer Show. We do have a lot of novices, however.

      :D

      Delete
    2. Ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

      And if I were in your neck of the woods, I would totally sign up!

      Delete
  2. I really wish I could enter the Jennifer Show. But I'm in Australia and I get the feeling I would feel a little lost as you said there were no youths signed up as far as you knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would *love* to have some kids in the show hall, Australia is a long way from Colorado, so we'll give you a pass this time.

      :)


      Delete
  3. I've so enjoyed watching you set up for the show - I wish I could participate!

    ReplyDelete