Thursday, August 4, 2016

TJS Model Dogspotting Challenge

Dogspotting isn't just a real world activity. 
photo by Tiffany Purdy
Every time I go to a model horse show, I'm looking for dogs.
They aren't hard to find.
photo by Kellye Bussey
It's amazing how many ways...
photo by Anne Field
you can squeeze a dog...
photo by Erika Ipes
into a performance entry!
Because Jenn and I love model dogs almost as much as we love model horses, we've decided to add a Model Dogspotting Challenge to the Jennifer Show festivities. The rules for this are simple: Every entry that includes a dog will win a little prize.
photo by Anne Field
Halter showers can participate by adding a little doggy display to their show table, similar to Jackie Arns-Rossi's familiar froot plate/Beowulf/Kiko tableau pictured below.
At the end of the day, Jenn and I will award special prizes...
this is a hint!
for the best...
photo by Erin Corbett
and most ambitious dogspots.
Dust off your dogs, everyone! This is going to be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I so wish I could come up there for this show. But, it isn't to be. I use dogs ALL the time in entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must ask a silly stupid question, but the border collie in the second picture, do you know the name of the model as I've been looking everywhere for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know for sure, but it's probably a Carol Herden resin. I know she used to have several different Border Collies in her resin line-up.

      Delete