Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Jennifer Show bonus prizes

"That judge hates my horses."

Oh, how I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard a disappointed shower utter those words! 

And honestly, I've probably said them myself. After a long, frustrating day of low ribbons and no ribbons, it's easy to feel like the judge really does hate your showstring.

If there's one thing I've learned from judging, however, it's that judges don't make decisions based on hate. There are a multitude of reasons why an entry may not not place well. It's not unusual for a judge to love an entry, but place it behind others that better fit the class criteria. Other times, it's as simple as too many horses and not enough ribbons. I don't think I've ever judged a show, where I didn't wish I could award bonus prizes for some of the horses that just missed the cut.

So...
In addition to the first and second place blue and red Potato Chip medallions, the Jennifer Show prize table will also include some bonus green and purple Potato Chips. These will be awarded by the judges and the Jennifers to entries that were loved and appreciated, regardless of placing. 
This is another part of our Mookie approved plan to help spread the Jennifer Show wealth.
We're expecting a lot of fierce competition at the Jennifer Show, but everyone who's attending should be sure to leave some extra room in their suitcase. This is a big prize show, and no one is going home empty handed!

1 comment:

  1. I love those "potato chips". Wish I could attend...lucky ducks.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete