Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Alisa's TJS donations

I get a lot of packages, especially since I started collecting donations for the Jennifer Show
My kids have zero interest in model horses, so they are usually oblivious to the inflow of hobby stuff. However, I did receive one package last week that piqued their interest.
"Mom! Look at the writing on this one!" 
"It's from Russia!" 
As recently as three years ago, I was unaware of the model horse hobby's existence in Russia. Since then, however, the Russian hobby contingent has become impossible to ignore. I am continually amazed at how quickly the Russian artists have caught up to the rest of the world in the areas of sculpture, finishwork, photography and tack making.

Alisa Bayalieva is perhaps the premier tackmaker in Russia. I asked her if she would consider sending a donation to the Jennifer Show, and she generously agreed.

My kids may have been impressed with the outer packaging, but I was far more intrigued by the beautifully wrapped contents.
Inside the smaller box, I found an absolutely gorgeous padded halter. My camera had trouble picking up the details, but the workmanship on this piece is first rate. 
The other box contained a bridle and breastplate set with a removable noseband and tiedown. 
Here's a closer look at the bridle. 
The design pieces are stickers. I have no idea where Alisa found them, but they are wonderfully in scale. 
If you've been looking at Alisa's work on Facebook and wondering if it's as nice in person, wonder no more. This is as good as it gets.
Thank you so much for your generous donations to the Jennifer Show, Alisa. I know some lucky shower is going to be very happy to own your tack!

1 comment: