Friday, August 19, 2016

Bobbie's box

The contents fell into three general categories: model horse tack, 
Japanese toys and souvenirs...
and Japanese candy and snacks. 
All of the tack items were made by Bobbie. In addition to the awesome duct tape halter, there was also a teeny tiny rope halter and stable blanket...
and two gorgeous, cross stitched saddle blankets. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of these, but you can see one of them peeking out from under Gizette's saddle in this photo. This was a custom order, and I couldn't be more pleased!
The toys included little puppers, two of which are well behaved...
and one who is decidedly not. 
I absolutely love this naughty little boy... 
and I can already tell that he's going to find his way into a lot of my photos. 
There was also a Neko Atsume cat... 
and a regular barn cat.  I like her mismatched eyes.
I (mostly) saved the candy for Ryan and James. The Kit Kats and the gummies were a big hit, and James was pretty excited about the Poppin' Cookin'.
We weren't sure what to expect in regards to the crackers, so Ryan used a cell phone app to translate the box.
It turns out that "whirlpool taste" equals salty and slightly fishy!
Thanks again, Bobbie. That was really a fun box, and my entire family enjoyed that "taste of Japan!"

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome, I'm glad everyone enjoyed! :D I have to say that picture of Ryan using his phone to translate the cracker box made me laugh out loud. That is our life over here. I've gotten to where I can sound out a lot of things, but I have no idea what they mean. We didn't try to translate, but had thought it was a box of animal crackers, since we found them with some other candy. Nope. I had bought two boxes and used myself as a guinea pig with one. I thought they were tasty, though certainly not animal crackers.

    "Whirlpool taste". That is awesome. I could probably do an entire blog just on whacky translations and the "Engrish" we see all around us. :)

    ReplyDelete