Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nine tenths

I've heard that possession is nine tenths of the law, and these four models are standing on a shelf in my studio. That means they're mine, right?
Ha! If only was the truth!

These four horses were customized by and belong to Kylee Parks, who is one of the most talented new artists currently working in the model horse hobby. They will be competing in the Custom Breed and Workmanship classes at the Jennifer Show, and are staying with me until their proxy person can take possession. 

It's not often that I get to see work of this caliber in the comfort of my own home, and I am making the most of the situation. I've already photographed each piece extensively, and with Kylee's kind permission, I'm sharing some of those pictures here.

This is TNR Ragnar. 
He started out as a Breyer G3 Standing Thoroughbred Stablemate. Kylee did all the customizing, but finishwork credit goes to Lauren Morris of Kingyo Customs.
I'm not really a mini person, but the face on this one is WOW!
Here's another mini I would gladly add to my collection. 
TNR Kricket was a Breyer Wind Dancer foal until Kyle got her hands on him. 
His roany sabino coat was painted by Christina Riley. 
So cute! 
Next up is TNR Banshee.
He created from a Breyer Gilen for the 2016 Breyerfest Custom Contest. 
That contest requires all the work to be completed by one artist, so this Banshee was painted by Kylee herself. 
Kylee may think she's a sculptor rather than a painter, but this foal says otherwise. 
Just look at that soft, lovely mapping and all the color variations in his tail!
Last but certainly not least is TNR Wolfrik.
 I absolutely adore this pony.
He was painted by Caroline Boydston and is perfection from one end to the other. 
 Nine tenths, Kylee, nine tenths.
It's such a pleasure having these four models in my possession, even if it's just for a little while. Thank you for sending them to the Jennifer Show, Kylee. If this is any indication of the competition there, I am extra glad I will not be judging!

4 comments:

  1. What mold is Wolfrik?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's impossible to tell, isn't it? He is a customized Giselle.

      Delete
  2. Look who found something to drool at for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete