Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Happy trails

In a post dated October 8, 2008, I wrote: Sue Sifton is my favorite of Breyer's regular sculptorsA few months later, I said it again: Sue Sifton is my favorite of Breyer's regular sculptors. In the six years between then and now, Breyer has introduced models by a lot of excellent artists, but my passion for Sue's work hasn't waned. She continues to be one of my favorite sculptors, not just for Breyers but for resins, too.

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of meeting Sue Sifton at Models in the Mountains. She brought with her three resin models: Metolious, Joey the Pony and Happy Trails

This is Happy Trails.
This horse is tailor made for the performance ring. I couldn't resist dressing her up in both English and Western tack.
By the end of the weekend, I'd fallen head over heels in love with her. I carried her around with me, and even held her in all the group photos. 
I really, really wanted to take her home with me, but there wasn't room in my suit case. Also, I was trying to be good... Well, that lasted two months!
My prepped and primed copy of Happy Trails arrived today.
She is just as lovely as I remembered.
Thank you, Sue. I just love Happy Trails!
And to all my friends who are travelling to Kentucky today...
Happy Trails to you, too!

3 comments:

  1. I love Sue's work too. Thanks for the eye candy to ward off the not-going-to-Breyerfest blues. That last photo looks like a carload of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MartyUK - I just received my Happy Trails here in the UK and am totally in love with her. Mine went off to be prepped today and boy was that hard wrapping her up and sending her off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful. I wish she was mine!

    ReplyDelete