Friday, July 17, 2015

Dog drama and pictures from Kentucky

Every morning I get up and take one dog on a three mile walk. This morning both dogs really wanted to go, and I thought, "How bad could it be?"

Turns out it could be really, really bad.

Partway through the walk, we crossed paths with a squirrel. Both dogs jumped forward to chase it. Darcy hit the end of her leash, that was that, but when Emma did the same, she spun around and went after Darcy.

It was ugly.

The rest of my day has been spent dealing with the expensive fall out. Darcy has a pretty serious puncture wound on her leg, but it's been treated and she will be okay. She'll probably even forgive Emma. Eventually.

Since I know you don't want to see pictures of Darcy's wounds, here's a bunch of Breyerfest photos I stole from Erin Corbett's Facebook page. Enjoy!
Shopping 
Purdys
Provisions
Prizes
Previews
Palomino
Live show
Zombies
Tacking
Performance
Callbacks
Planning
Dominance
Poop
More poop
Carnage
Mission accomplished

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Darcy. :( Dog fights are so stressful and scary. I hope she will be all better soon!

    Thank you for sharing the Breyerfest pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor pup. I hope Emma kisses up to her now. Love the BF pics so I can experience it virtually. I so have to get my hands on that Bobby Jo when she comes out. Must. Have. That. Reiner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no :( hope Darcy heals up quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Darcy heals quickly. It's bad enough when a dog tangles with a strange dog, but it's worse when one fights with its "sibling".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor darcy. Hope she'll get better
    loved the pics they are AWESOME

    ReplyDelete