Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mine not mine

Ever since I announced our intention to hold a big prize model horse show, my house has become a destination for all sorts of amazing hobby things. Not a week has gone by without the mailman delivering something wonderful for the Jennifer Show

It's been really awesome.
At the same time, it's also been just a tiny bit sad. As much as I'd like to pretend otherwise, none of these things actually belong to me. Pretty soon, they're all going to go away.
A few kind donors (Alaina, Anna, Anne, Olivia, Rachelanticipated this issue, and added a hostess present to their donation box. This has definitely helped ease the pain, and I can't thank them enough for their thoughtfulness.
Necklace by Olivia Leviton
Another thing that's helped is retail therapy. 
I was so impressed with Alisa Bayalieva's Jennifer Show donations, that I just had to buy one of her Celtic knot bridles for my own collection. 
It came with an equally wonderful rope halter with feather decorations. Both pieces are modeled on Kylee Parks' TNR Wolfrik, who is still not mine and will go back to Kylee after the show.
Another recent new addition is a saddlebags and miniatures set from Nichelle Jones. This was a partial trade for one of my BreyerWest Bobby Jos. I love all the tiny things, and am looking forward to the post Jennifer Show period when I'll have more time to play with them.
Thank you, Alisa, Nichelle and everyone else who has sent me a package this year. It's been so much fun having all your beautiful things in my home. I truly wish I could keep them all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be sad. Imagine how thrilled everyone who receives one of those prizes is going to be. And you'll get to see the items in the next show. I think you are going to love every minute of it. It was awesome that there were some "hostess" gifts.

    ReplyDelete