Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Post weekend show report

The first big show of the 2015 season was A Midwinter Night's Ball, which was held last Saturday and Sunday at the San Gabriel Community Center in Georgetown, Texas.
I love Texas shows.  Not only is the caliber of competition consistently excellent, there's always at least a couple cameras in the show hall.  This group of pictures comes from my friend and long-time customer, Kellye Bussey, and covers the Custom/Artist Resin Other Performance and Costume Divisions.
First up is one of two rustic outhouse entries. 
I love all the little details... 
especially the dogs! 
That's a tough act to follow, but the second outhouse entry is up to the task. 
There's so much good stuff here...
I can practically smell it from here!
Here's another nice scene entry. 
As someone who's introduced a lot of little ones to horses, I just love the idea behind this entry.
Speaking of little ones, I think Laura Skillern's leadline rider is just about the cutest doll ever. 
And proving that some people have all the talent, here's another one of Laura's entries.  She's quickly becoming as good a tackmaker as she is a customizer!
Kellye has long been the queen of Iberian performance and this Working Equitation entry shows why.  The Vega resin is by Mindy Berg, Charlotte Pijnenburg made the tack and Carrie Sloan Meyer built the bull prop.
Here's a nice tubing scene...
and another Pony Express set-up. 
Moving on to Costume... 
This might be the most realistic Native American doll I've ever scene. 
Here's another nice Native American entry... 
and a Criollo with familiar looking tack
Last but certainly not least is Kellye's parade entry.  I do not usually care for Appaloosa markings on Arabian bodies, but this horse is stunning.  He looks superb in his silver tack. 
Congratulations on your winnings, Kellye, and thank you so much for allowing me to share your photos!

4 comments:

  1. This was so close to me! I should have gone to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pony express saddle is so cool! Love the flag tail on her custom too-that one really looks like a snapshot of action! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this was worth waiting for. What a grand idea, that cutout bull. Yes, thanks, Kellye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Arabians! They are so cute! Especially the arabian/appaloosa!
    Vist me at
    www.universalstables.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete